Chillout has always contributed funds to other community organisations from the proceeds of the March Festival. In 2008 a specific fund raising event was introduced in the form of the Worthy Cause/lavish lunch. The lunch is held on the Friday of the March long weekend and the format of the lunch is fine dining with an auction of donated goods throughout the day. The proceeds of the auction are then split between the Worthy Cause (s) and Chillout.
Chillout organises, publicises and runs the event with the assistance of the successful applicant.
If you would like your Community Group to be considered for this fund raising opport- unity and the resultant visibility through the Festival, you need to lodge a formal application before the closure date.
Applications close for ChillOut 2018 on 31 August 2017.
Applications are assessed on the following criteria:
The Community Group / organisation has:
Ties to the local community and/or LGBTI community
Not for Profit status
Clear fundraising goal with quantifiable benefits
In addition to the criteria above the community group must confirm they are able to:
· Work closely with ChillOut representatives in the planning and management of the event
· Arrange and collect auction items and transport of donated goods to and from venue. A minimum of 6 Premium Auction Items that will be auctioned on the day and 12 Silent Auction prizes
· Provide four volunteers to assist on the day (not to eat or drink) to set up auction displays and liaise with guests (a meal will be provided, however is not part of the formal event)
· Provide stationery, including printed auction lists, and auction displays. These displays are to be of a professional finish and appropriate to the auction setting
· Promote the event on all digital and other channels available
· Be available to meet with ChillOut representatives at least monthly from October to assist in project management.
· Provide thank you letters to donators within 7 days of event
Please email your application, addressing the above criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ChillOut committee has complete discretion in assessing the criteria to approve or deny applications. The successful applicant(s) will be required to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with Chillout.